3.25.2010

Yesterday, I received a call from Grayson's school informing me Grayson had been very weepy and not himself.  He told his teacher his ear hurt, so I picked him up early. As soon as I got there, he does what every sick child does when he sees his mom. He cried louder and harder than he ever has, it was very dramatic to say the least. He told me he needed to go to the doctor right now and that a bee hopped in his ear. That's right, he said a "BEE HOPPED in HIS EAR." I felt so sorry for him because he was in so much pain, but I couldn't help but laugh. So off to the Doctor we went. He had another ear infection and his ear was full of puss. The doctor couldn't see past the puss, but was pretty sure his eardrum busted (hence the bee hopping in his ear.)
With all that said, I asked about the dreaded tubes because of past ear infection history and delayed speech. He said it was probably a good idea at this point.  So right now, I am taking care of a child with terrible ear infection, looking for a good ENT around here and trying to ease Gavyn's pain from his first tooth. Ahhh, life is good! Finally, some good news. This morning Grayson told me the BEES went home. Guess he's feeling a little better after all.

Popular Posts