3.16.2010

Under the Weather

Poor Grayson has been a little under the weather lately. A few weekends ago he woke up with a temperature of 102 and ended up with a double ear infection. I really thought we were past the ear infections. I can't even remember the last one he had. It was no fun staying up with Grayson and taking care of a baby through the night. These are the times I wish there was a magic fairy to help mom's out at night. He managed to take a couple naps, so that was nice. I can't remember the last time he napped either. He took medicine for ten days and felt better pretty soon after starting the medicine... Then came the fever again this last weekend. I took him to the doctor yesterday and he didn't have the flu or strep. Fortunately, he didn't have any ear infections either. The doctor did say he had some fluid in his ear but it wasn't infected. All this to say, we are going to get his hearing tested again just to make sure fluid isn't affecting his hearing. So Grayson might be getting tubes after all. I really thought he was feeling better, until he started coughing so hard he threw up all over my bedroom floor tonight. He just ate strawberry yogurt and chicken nuggets with tons of ketchup. I won't go into details, but lets just say the brand new carpet has a lingering odor and a reddish tint.  Oh well, stuff happens right! I just hope Grayson gets back to his normal self soon, I miss him!

Popular Posts